In the survey conducted by Whole Earth, research has highlighted that, surprisingly, the majority of people in the UK try to take a packed lunch to work at least once a week, knowing that a homemade lunch is the healthier option, as opposed to a bought lunch.
Interestingly the sandwich - possibly the most iconic British culinary invention, continues to be the lunchtime meal of choice for most Brits, with 80% of the UK public opting for the traditional sandwich or wrap when given the choice.
Survey, commissioned by Whole Earth, Highlights:
- Over 80% would opt for a sandwich for lunch
- 61% take 30 mins or less for their lunch break
- 41% regualrly eat lunch at their desk
- Almost 30% bring their own lunch into the work every day
- The East Midlands claim to take the longest lunch breaks
- Just under 7% of poll participants calimed they did not take a lunch break whatosever
To celebrate British Sandwich Week renowned food developer, blogger and author of ‘101 Sandwiches’, Helen Graves, has created a bespoke sandwich, packed with all the necessary natural ingredients to get us through the day.